Thursday, September 26, 2013

gameday snacks: velveeta buffalo chicken dip

Since it is my absolute favorite time of year, I thought I would share one of my absolute favorite gameday snacks with you!

Buffalo chicken dip is ALL OVER Pinterest these days, as it should be because I could eat it literally every day, but a few months back, a friend of mine had the brilliant idea to replace the cream cheese with Velveeta. It turned out AMAZING!

I've made this dip the last two weekends, and it was a definite crowd pleaser. The first time I was short on time, so I did it all in a skillet on the stove top, but if you have more time it turns out just as yummy in the crock pot and you don't have to "baby" it as much.

I'm going to show you the way I made it in the skillet, but if you want to use the crock pot just throw all the ingredients in and stir occasionally until the cheese is fully melted.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!


Velveeta Buffalo Chicken Dip:

2 cans chicken
1/2 cup hot sauce (more if you like yours really spicy)
1 cup ranch dressing
8 oz Velveeta cheese, cut into 8-10 small blocks


Drain chicken and add to skillet, using spatula to shred the chicken



Add in hot sauce and mix well. Cook over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes until chicken is completely covered in hot sauce
 
 
 
Add ranch and Velveeta, reduce heat to medium. Cook until cheese is completely melted, and make sure to stir it often to keep from sticking

 
The finished, oh so good and cheesy, product. .
Half of this batch was gone before I could even take a picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment